March 20, 2020
Like you—and everyone in our nation and across the world— Liberty Communications is watching the news about COVID-19 carefully and doing what we can to respond thoughtfully and responsibly. The communities we serve are strong, and together we’ll all get through this challenging and unprecedented situation. As your trusted local provider, our priority is taking care of you as you navigate this trying time.
Our focus is on the health of our customers and our employees during this time. We want to make sure you have access to the services you need, while we protect our employees and follow the guidelines set by the state and federal government.
Here are some important things to know during this time:
- Our network is ready for this. Our network is robust. We monitor it daily, currently our backbones are running at 40% of total capacity at peak usage times. We have 5 total upstream connections, 2 of the 5 would carry our peak traffic in an emergency. We’ve recently completed direct peering relationships with these large providers: Apple, Facebook, Netflix, Hurricane Electric, and Akamai. Google is in process. Direct peering means you should have very responsive connections to these providers.
- You can still reach us. Although our offices in West Branch and West Liberty are closed as we are following the latest recommendations regarding social distancing, we are asking that you call or visit our website to get in touch with us. Call us at (319) 627-2145 between the hours of 8am-4pm or we’re also available online at https://libertycommunications.com/contact/ or by email at liberty@corp.Lcom.net.
- Making it easy to stay home. All bill payments can be made online or at the drop box outside of our offices. If you haven’t signed up for online bill pay, please visit https://libertycommunications.smarthub.coop/Login.htmlto get started.
- If your service is down, we will help fix it. We are still making repairs and upgrading service for customers. For the health and safety of you and our employees, we are not scheduling any installations that require us to go into homes and businesses. This restriction is thru March 31, 2020 giving us time to ensure we are able to use best practices with regard to everyone’s safety. Many tasks may be able to be done remotely or from the outside of your home or business. Give us a call so we discuss helping you.
- If you need increased bandwidth. Liberty WiFi creates a robust connection in your home. If you are experiencing a lag or interruptions in your WiFi connection due to increased demand, please reach out to us and we can assist.
- Our commitment to the community has not changed. We recognize that these are extraordinary times that call for all of us to respond with compassion and action. For that reason, we are purchasing gift cards from local businesses and encourage you to do that same if you are able to. This is our effort to support the communities where we all live.
Our communities, our country, and our world are resilient places. Together, we’ll see our way through this situation and be stronger because of it. Thank you for helping us all stay healthy.
Your friends at Liberty Communications